Tuesday 12 November 2013

My top Sci- Fi film of all time……… And why!



 Truly a topic for A Blog For Men

As you may have guessed by now I am a massive Sci-Fi fan. Pretty much ninety percent of what I watch is science fiction. And I intend to keep it that way.

But what makes a good science fiction film? I put it down to one thing. Showing us something we have never seen before!

Just this one thing can magnetize you to the film. Let’s see where this has happened to me before.

Alien. Ridley Scott’s masterpiece and arguably the greatest sci-fi of all time! First came the derelict spaceship. A weird design from the mind of the incredible artist H.R Geiger. Then came the space jockey (the creature fossilised in the chair inside the derelict spaceship) really weird design. The alien eggs, the face hugger and the alien itself! All these thing never seen before. And even better, there was no explanation of any of them. You never find out where they come from or why they were there. Talk about get it right! Even today people are still trying to piece it all together.

 I will be forever a fan of Alien. I love the mystery and the suspense. But most of all I live the concept. For sure we had never seen anything like it before and perhaps since.

Prometheus the sort of prequel to Alien tried to expand on the origins of the creatures form LV-426 and did a wonderful job of it. But we had seen it before (except for the black goo) so you kind of knew what to expect.

But good news! The sequel to Prometheus is going to start filming and should be with us late 2015. I do hope that we see something that we have never seen before. And I have a new number one Sci Fi film.


Take a look an see what I mean 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment